Friday, February 1, 2013

Saddened by the Death of Barney Bush

My family and I were sad to hear that Barney Bush, the Scottish Terrier owned by former President George W. Bush and Laura Bush, has died.  He had Lymphoma and his body could no longer fight the disease.  We loved Barney and miss seeing him as well as his devoted family living in the White House.

In fact, way back in 2008 when Barney guided one of his famous Christmas tours of the White House, we did a post about it, you can find it here.  It includes videos of the tour.  Barney still has an archival page on Whitehouse.gov.

It is hard for people to lose their pets, I know that because I overhear my owners talking about how sad and hard it will be when I have to move on.  So give your dogs a hug, a tummy-rub, and an extra treat.  Appreciate us while you have us, we appreciate you and depend on you more than you know.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Bush family as we know how much they will miss Barney, the White House Scottish Terrier.

Image Credit: Wikipedia Commons

Updated 2/28/17 

No comments:

Post a Comment