Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Dog Mouth is Cleaner than a Human's

At least I'd like to think so, as a dog. But whether a dogs mouth is cleaner than a human mouth is not something my owners can agree on...so we're going to do a little research, and use a lot of common sense.

First, we naturally clean everything you can think of from ourselves, and from everywhere...if you know what I mean...everywhere. We lick our feet after we've been outdoors to clean off whatever might be on them, we lick our private parts....because we don't know how to use toilet paper, we eat yucky things off the floor, I even knock over my owner's size 13 shoes when he gets home from work to sniff...and sometimes lick them...then we jump up and love to give you kisses...right on the lips.

I have overheard discussions that my owners have had on the subject, one says that maybe we have some super anti-bacterial properties on our tongues and in our mouths that instantly kill any bacteria on contact...no, that just isn't true. We do lick our wounds and can heal our own selves, and there may be some good things on our saliva, but our mouths and the hair around our mouths are full of bacteria. Unlike humans, we do not get sick from e-coli bacteria like you do, for obvious reasons...we're designed by God to clean ourselves and not get sick from it.

After reading all that, do you still think a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans? Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment