Sunday, May 16, 2010

Housebreaking a Dog - Indoors or Out?

Housebreaking me was a challenge for my owners, I am not an easy breed to train...but when I learn something, I really learn it. Even though I wasn't the easiest housebreaking puppy, I do something that a lot of other dogs don't...I'll "go" on command, but it took a long time for us to learn this (my owners and I) together.

Since we didn't have an indoor dog potty, the owners used what they called "wee-wee pads" for a while that were scented in a way that was supposed to make me use the pad...or so they thought. I think the thing that confused me the most was that we didn't do the same thing every time...it was always something different.

First they are trying to get me to go outside, then inside on pads, then outside again. When they were training me either there weren't dog potties, or we didn't know about a dog potty that could be used inside as part of my training.

My owners think that because I'm small, and as long as I go where I'm trained to inside, it's not a bad thing, and they think that for people with small dogs that live in apartments, or in the city, an indoor dog potty may make life easier for all involved, and could be used all the time if it's something that's easy to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment